Spanvall Poultry Bedding
Spanvall Chicken Bedding is a mix of wood shavings and decayed plant fibers. The particle size is uniquely compounded and sifted multiple times to achieve optimum absorbency, therefore it is the best bedding for chicken, hen, general poultry and baby chicks.
The bedding comprises a controlled moisture content, which makes it a special flock fresh bedding. Which makes it better than normal pine shavings for chickens, straw and other deep litter options for chicken run and coops. Packed in big bales of each 6,000 litres/6m3. Delivered on disposable pallets measuring 980×1,150mm.
Application of Spanvall Poultry Bedding
Clean and disinfect the houses approximately 24 hours prior to introducing the new brood of chicken.
Distribute the bedding throughout the house, which has been pre-heated to approximately 34 to 35⁰C.
By the time the new brood of chicken is introduced, the bedding has dried out and the moisture has been released into the air.
Thus, the humidity is markedly increased, and the climate is optimum.
The coverage is approximately 5 to 7 litres/m2 (approximately 1 big bale per 1,000m2).
Maximum coverage is recommended during the winter months.
The bedding does not form a crust, which means that further treatment of the bedding is unnecessary.
- 100 percent dust-free
- No crusting, as is the case with e.g. unmixed peat
- Marked reduction in the scalding of pads
- Approved as organic bedding
- 100 percent dust-free on application
- High absorbency capacity
- Low pH-value = low bacterial growth
- Good bearing strength
- Ensures optimum humidity on the introduction of a fresh brood of chicken
- Labour-saving as the product is easily applied and as no additional watering of the bedding is required due to the natural moisture content of the product.
Packed in big bales of each 6,000 litres/6m3. Delivered on disposable pallets measuring 980×1,150mm.